Spinach and Ricotta Filled Pasta
- Piping Bag
- Fry pan
- Baking Dish
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing Spoons
- 700 g Smooth Ricotta
- 125 g Fetta Cheese
- 500 g Chopped Frozen Spinach (excess water removed)
- 1 tbsp Chef it up spice mix
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Chicken Stock Powder
- 500 g Large Tube Pasta
- ½ cup Mozerella Cheese (shredded)
- 1 Brown Onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic Butter
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 can Crushhed Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Chef it up Spice Mix
- 300ml Thickened Cream
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine the ricotta, feta cheese, spinach, chef it up spice mix, salt, pepper and stock powder. Mix until well combined. Place into a piping bag and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until it is al dente.
- Add the olive oil and garlic butter to the pan. Sautee the onion until soft. Add the tomato paste and cook for approximately 30 seconds. Add the water and crushed tomatoes.
- Add the chef it up spice mix, salt, pepper and thyme. Allow to cook for roughly 5 minutes before proceeding to add the thickened cream. Allow to cook for a further 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Place a layer of sauce at the bottom of the pan. Begin to pipe the ricotta mixture into the individual pasta and layer them into the baking dish. Add a secondary layer off sauce ontop of the filled and layered pasta pieces.
- Bake at 200° for 15-20 minutes until the the cheese is golden.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how the Meat Pie Patty turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @chefitup.com.au on Instagram.