Chef It Up Lamb Shanks
- Mixing spoon
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 Lamb shanks (frenched)
- 1 Brown onion diced
- 3 Carrots (diced)
- 5 Mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Cup Cherry tomatoes
- 8 Garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 2 Stock cubes (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Grape juice (key ingredient)
- Salt & pepper
- In a pot heat the olive oil up and proceed to sear the lamb shanks on all sides until golden then set aside. In the same pot, add the onion and carrots cook until soft. Add the mushrooom and butter. Cook for a further five minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cherry tomatoes. Cook for five minutes. Add the water, grape juice, garlic, stock cubes, herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to medium. Place the lid on and allow to cook for two hours or until lamb falls off the bone.
- Remove the lamb from the pot and strain the remaining liquid. Return liquid to the heat and reduce. A corn flour mix can be used in order to speed up this process.
The grape juice within this recipe is what gives the ‘Chef It Up’ lamb shanks its unique flavour. The sweetness of the Grape juice cooks out and is not sweet at all. This is best served with mash potato.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how the Chef It Up Lamb Shanks turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @chefitup.com.au on Instagram and hashtag it #chefitup.com.au