Tomato & Basil Penne
This Tomato & Basil Penne is a quick and easy meal that your family and loved ones will be sure to fall in love with.
- Mixing spoon
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Brown onion (diced)
- 250 g Cherry tomatos (sliced in half)
- 3 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Chicken stock powder (or 2 stock cubes)
- 1 jar Napolitana sauce
- 300 ml Thickened cream
- 1 cup Basil (set aside half the basil to garnish at the end)
- 500 g Penne
- In a saucepan add the olive oil and sauté the onion until soft, add the tomato and cook until skin starts to break down. Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook for one minute.
- Add the Napoletana sauce, dried oregano, half of the basil, stock and the water. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and reduce the heat to low. Cook the penne as per packet instructions. Add the penne to the tomato and basil sauce and stir together. Garnish with the remaining amount of basil and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how this Tomato Basil Penne turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @chefitup.com.au on Instagram and hashtag it #chefitup.com.au