Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Mixing spoon
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Brown onion (diced)
- 250 g Mushrooms (swiss brown)
- 3 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 700 ml Water
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp Chicken stock powder (or 2 stock cubes)
- 2 sachet Cream of mushroom soup powder
- 300 ml cream
- Salt & white pepper
- ⅓ cup Parlsey (chopped)
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a frypan. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are golden. Next add the garlic and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the water, seasonings, stock powder, mushroom soup powder and the Italian herbs. Allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the cream and cook for a further five minutes and finish off with some fresh parsley.
This Creamy Mushroom Sauce would make a great sauce to accompany my Rosemary Garlic Sirloin recipe.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how the Creamy Mushroom Sauce turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @chefitup.com.au on Instagram and hashtag it #chefitup.com.au