Creamy Mushroom Beef
- Fry pan
- 500 g Beef (minute steak if desired)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Brown onion (diced)
- 250 g Swiss brown mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1½ cups Water
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Stock powder (or 1 chicken stock cubes)
- 2 tbsp Beef gravy powder
- 300 ml Thickened cream
- 2 Spring onions (sliced)
- Heat olive oil in the frypan and brown the beef in batches, Set aside. In the same pan add the butter and sauté the onion until soft. Add the mushrooms avoid stirring them so they can go golden. Once cooked add the garlic and cook for one minute then go ahead and add the water.
- Add the mustard, stock and gravy powder. Simmer on medium heat for 10 miutes before adding the cream. Once thick add the beef back to the pan, season and garnish with shallots.
You can serve the creamy mushroom beef with mash potatoes, rice, seasonal vegetables or with my recipe of Hasselback Potatoes.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how the Creamy Mushroom Beef turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @chefitup.com.au on Instagram and hashtag it #chefitup.com.au