Cold, creamy, nutritious and delicious. Perfect smoothie to drink every morning for breakfast this summer.
- Roasting pan
- Garlic crusher
- 1 kg Washed baby potatoes (pre boiled or steamed)
- 1 whole Butterflied chicken
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 L Water
- 3 Chicken stock cubes
- ½ tsp Dried oregano
- 300 ml Thickened cream
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 2 Fresh parsley (garnish and sauce)
- Salt and pepper
- Begin by adding olive oil into the frypan over the heat. Place chicken skin side down to achieve a golden colour. Repeat for the opposite side also.
- In the same frypan, fry the diced onion until soft. Add the crushed garlic. Next add the flour. Gradually add the water into the frypan and whisk slowly. Add the stock cubes, salt, pepper, cream, lemon and oregano. Allow to cook for 15 minutes in order for the sauce to thicken up. Once the sauce has thickened, add a handful of parsley and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°. Place the chicken and potatoes in the roasting pan. Pour the sauce into the pan ensuring the chicken skin is not submerged in the liquid. Season with some salt and pepper and garnish with fresh parsley. Roast in the oven until the chicken is cooked all the way through and skin is golden.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how the Lemon Chicken turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @chefitup.com.au on Instagram and hashtag it #chefitup.com.au